Saturday, August 04, 2012

One, two, three...

This is my piece for the Reimagined show opening today, Saturday - August 4th, at Phone Booth Gallery. The theme of the show was for artists to reinterpret exsisting works of art. I chose to "reimagine" Pablo Picasso's "The Three Musicians", pictured below...

"The Three Musicians" by Pablo Picasso

I have always been a fan of Picasso's work and this particular painting hangs in the Philadelphia Museum of Art near where I live. It probably is my favorite piece they have in their collection and I always love looking at it when I'm there. I decided to do a screenprint of an updated jazz style version of the three musicians. Prints will be available at the opening and online, details about the piece below...


Title: "One, Two, Three..." inspired by Pablo Picasso's The Three Musicians
Medium: 3 color screenprint on Cougar Natural Paper, signed and numbered edition of 50
Size: 24"x 24" • Price: $50.00

No comments: