Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Somewhere out on that horizon...

"Out beyond the neon lights
I know there must be somethin' better
But there's nowhere else in sight
It's survival in the city
When you live from day to day
City streets don't have much pity
When you're down, that's where you'll stay
In the city, oh, oh.
In the city"

- "In the City" by Joe Walsh


One of my favorite movies of all time is The Warriors, love it! So I had eventually do a piece based off of it and since Gallery 1988's Crazy 4 Cult show is taking place in New York City, it was a perfect opportunity. If you've never seen The Warriors I highly recommend. I was never in a gang in NY during the late seventies but I would imagine this film is probably a very accurate portrayal ;).

The show opens this Thursday, August 9th and runs til September 1st, and prints will be available on the gallery's site HERE after the show opens. Details about the piece and show below...


Title: Come Out & Play!
Medium: Signed and Numbered 4-Color Screenprint on Cougar Natural
Editon: 50   •  Size: 18"x24"  •  Price: $50.00

Crazy 4 Cult New Work
64 Gansevoort St, New York, NY 10014
August 9th - September 1st

No comments: