Saturday, February 28, 2009

Is there a Doctor in the house?

I have been a long time fan of the show Doctor Who, one might say i'm a Whovian. I can remember gleefuly watching it as a kid, on PBS channel 12, Saturday afternoons as Tom Baker with his 12 foot scarf and robot dog K-9 would out smart the evil alien trash bag looking monster of the week. So this is my tribute to the 10 faces of Doctor Who, i know that there is soon to be an 11th but i started this before i knew who he was...



Also, This past New York Comic Con i got to meet Colin Baker (aka the 6th Doctor). While he doesn't look exactly like he did when he played the Doctor he was nice enough to let me grab a picture with him...


...he's the one on the left.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this pic :) And I'm already looking forward to seeing what you do with the new doctor!

TOM REBELLO said...

i need a copy of this when next we meet

Jen said...

Please tell me you are going to have this in your Etsy shop. As far as I'm concerned the 11th Doctor doesn't exist yet anyway

Mike Lynch said...

Just wonderful work, Dave. I had to link to it via my own blog. Thanks for sharing it and please draw more!

Kristan said...

Do you have plans to do more Doctor Who's after #11 comes out? Or do you do commissions? I have a friend who's a big Doctor Who fan, but only #9 and newer. So I'm not sure this particular print is ideal for her, but I really enjoy your style...

Please contact me at khoffman [at] gmail.com if you're interested in discussing further.

Kristan