Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Watch it!

Below are my pieces for the upcoming Philly Cartoonist Society tribute to the Watchmen book entitled "the Children of the Watchmen". The book will feature many great artists from the Philly area and some farther out doin' their kick ass interpretations of the characters from the book. I decided to do Dr. Manhattan & Niteowl but not in my typical cartoony style. Wanted to change it up a bit and try my hand at some retro propaganda style art.





Here's a sneak peek of the cover drawn by stand up guy Pat McMullen...



The book will have it's "official" debut on the evening of Friday, Nov. 7th at the Brave New Worlds comic shop in Philly located on 2nd street between Market and Arch. Artists from the book will be there to do signings and sketches, original art and prints from the book will be on display and some for sale. More details to come about that & I may even have the book done in time for the Baltimore Comicon for a unofficial debut.

8 comments:

Chris said...

Very nice. I'll be at the Baltimore Comicon if you've got a copy of the book.

TOM REBELLO said...

nice! i really dih the nite owl one a bunch!

Christian Zamora said...

I love the retro look. It fits so well.

Chogrin said...

These are ridiculously awesome looking. Doc Manhattan has that great atomic age feel!

Jason Quinones said...

cool poster layout and design!

Jason Quinones said...

love the different art style too!

Dustin Foust said...

Wow those look awesome!

SAD STUDIO - Super Art Direction Studio said...

Very cooooooooooool work! I love it!